One of those things includes joining - and then bailing on - the lovely Scintilla Project. Alas, the bailing did not happen before I managed to successfully hoard all their wonderful prompts in a special folder in my inbox.
Including the one from Day 9 that instructs: "Write a list of 23."
You see what I did there? Or rather, what I'm doing here?
Without further ado, my list of 23 things, as explained in the title of today's post.
- Took a train to Washington, DC, to visit with my Henley.
- Celebrated 5 months being smoke free.
- Did the 1st ever St. Pat's East Eand Pub Crawl in high style.
- Took a picture of a double rainbow that ended up in the paper.
- Figured out what I no longer wanted to do with my life, and quit a job.
- Figured out what direction I did want my life to turn, and accepted a job.
- Fell in love with new job.
- Spent first month helping work family relocate to a much needed new space.
- Nurtured my OCD tendencies by organizing much of brand new space.
- Saw To Kill a Mockingbird on the big screen.
- Joined Weight Watchers.
- Failed at Weight Watcher.
- Reset everything and re-joined Weight Watchers again.
- Went to my first Zumba class.
- Hosted my daughter's lovely little family for a weekend.
- Babysat my grand-baby for a night!
- Was moved by an amazing revival series at church.
- Got rid of the 25 year old family sofa.
- Replaced above with two brand new chairs.
- Attended a great Twitter/Journalism forum featuring @acarvin.
- Earned my first "real" paycheck in just over 3 years.
- Purged closets to accommodate a "buy new work clothes" shopping spree.
- Attended a silent auction fundraiser for the Library; won twice!
I could probably write 23 lists of 23 at this rate, but I think I've managed to hit the highlights. The cobwebs have been shaken out...oh, look! Something shiny!
Where was I?